Vitamin C is a nutrient that is a blessing for the skin. While there are many skin care products and ingredients available, vitamin C seems to be a favorite of all skin care enthusiasts. From giving your skin a natural glow to reducing fine lines and wrinkles, vitamin C can do wonders for your skin. Here are three ways to use vitamin C to brighten your skin.
Health Shots reached out to skincare expert Rrajesh Bakshi to learn about the benefits of vitamin C for skin.
Is vitamin C good for the skin?
Bakshi says: “Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is a magic ingredient for the skin. It is a water-soluble nutrient and antioxidant that fights damaging free radicals, which damage skin when they encounter external sources like air pollution.” This is how it can improve your skin:
1. If you want to have glowing and radiant skin, use vitamin C. It is known to brighten the skin and improve its overall appearance thanks to its antioxidant, anti-aging, and anti-pigmentation properties.
2. Vitamin C not only improves the texture of your skin, but also offers sun protection. Helps reduce redness and rashes and soothes sun-affected skin.
3. Vitamin C is also known for its anti-aging benefits. Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by improving the production of collagen in your body.
4. Hyperpigmentation is caused by increased melanin production. It is not harmful, but it can cause dark spots on the skin. You can reduce dark spots by using vitamin C because it helps to inhibit melanin synthesis.
5. The summer sun can dry out your skin, but using vitamin C can help keep it hydrated. Decreases skin dryness and locks moisture into the skin. This will prevent your skin from becoming dry and dull.
6. Use a vitamin C-based skin care product or a vitamin C-rich DIY hack if you want plump, firm skin. Vitamin C stimulates the production of collagen and elastin in the skin, making it firm and supple.
7. Not many people know this, but vitamin C is rich in anti-inflammatory properties that help alleviate inflammation and other skin conditions, such as acne.
Also read: Can I use vitamin C with any skincare ingredients?
So now you know why vitamin C is a great nutrient for glowing skin! Let’s see how you can use it.
How to use vitamin C for skin?
Bakshi says: “The easiest sources of vitamin C are fruits and vegetables, but that’s not the only way to enjoy its great benefits for your skin. When added to skin care products, it is known to have a significant effect on skin health, as it is more effective when applied than when consumed.”
So here are 3 most important ways to use vitamin C to improve your skin.
1. Vitamin C Powder Face Mask
The best part about vitamin C powder is that you can add it to your skincare routine in a number of ways. Here’s how to prepare a face mask:
- Take a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of vitamin C powder, 1 tablespoon of almond oil and add water to make a smooth paste. Your mask is ready.
- You can also use vitamin C serum instead of water.
- Apply the solution on your face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face with cold water.
2. Homemade Vitamin C Serum
While vitamin c powder is more potent than vitamin c serum, you can still try a serum for added benefits. Here’s how to prepare it:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of rose water with 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel. Mix well to eliminate lumps.
- Now, crush 2 vitamin C tablets, add 1 tablespoon of glycerin and cut up 1 vitamin E capsule. Stir the mixture well.
- Transfer the whey to a clean container and store in the refrigerator for a day once all the ingredients have dissolved and mixed well. Your serum is then prepared for use.
- At night, cleanse your face and then gently massage the serum into your face and neck. Do not rub the serum in excessively; Let it be absorbed by your skin. Wash your face in the morning.
3. Foods rich in vitamin C
Apply vitamin C topically in the two ways mentioned above for glowing skin. But include these vitamin C-rich foods in your regular diet to give your skin a healthy glow from the inside out.
- Citrus fruits like oranges, kiwis, lemons, and grapefruit
- Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower
So ladies, follow these ways to use vitamin C for your skin and watch your skin become clearer and brighter day after day!